Ephesians 6:13-14

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, TO STAND. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about WITH TRUTH, and having on the breastplate of righteousness.

* * * * *

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chivalry is not dead!

I had a great experience yesterday as my wife and daughter and I went to Lowe's. As I walked around the store looking for supplies, I happened upon a Preacher (more specifically an Indpendent Baptist Pastor) that I knew. He and I had written to each other in the past, and quite frankly I don't agree with the man, who preaches so hard on the subject of Repentance, without defining what it means Biblically, that he almost makes it a work of salvation that someone must do before they believe.
But even though we don't see eye to eye on everything, I was surprised the man walked right up to me and said, "Bro. Breaker, how are you?"
He then put out his hand to shake mine! We then talked for a few minutes, and had a great time of fellowship.
What a contrast to the other "Christian" the other day who just walked by and wouldn't even speak to me, much less shake my hand!
I guess that just goes to show you Chivalry is not dead! If only all Christians could be so cordial as this Pastor was. And although I don't agree with him in everything, I have a new found respect for the man for stopping to shake my hand and speak with me. This is how Christian love should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment