Ephesians 6:13-14

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, TO STAND. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about WITH TRUTH, and having on the breastplate of righteousness.

* * * * *

Friday, June 4, 2010

The End is Near!

So I woke up this morning, just like any other morning, tired, depressed, and not wanting to deal with life. I went through my daily routine, kissing my wife, kissing my child, and saying good morning to my grandmother.
While my wife went to make breakfast, I thought I'd sit down and check my email and read the news on my computer. But what I found gave me cold chills and made my heart start racing. TRULY, THE END IS NEAR!
In one email a friend sent me a website entitled "abovetopsecret.com" in which there are reports of guillotines (that's right, GUILLOTINES) being ordered and shipped to different locations around America. Being a Bible-Believer, I've read in the book of Revelation that those who do not accept the mark of the beast during the tribulation will be BEHEADED!
Scary that they should already be distributing these devices all over America. The Rapture must be soon!
Then I look at the following headline, "Something Has Just Hit Jupiter." I click on it and read, "Veteran amateur astronomers Anthony Wesley of Australia and Christopher Go of the Philippines have independently observed an impact event on Jupiter. The strike occurred at 20:31 UT on June 3rd and produced a bright flash of light in the giant planet's cloudtops."
Again, reading my Bible, and being taught in Bible school about how Satan worship is tied in with the planet Jupiter, I was astonished. For in Acts 19:35 we read of those who worship "an image" that fell down from the planet Jupiter.
My old Bible School president and teacher always said that the anti-christ would somehow be related to Jupiter, and might even be an image itself which falls down from there.
Can you say S-C-A-R-Y?
Then I read more about the many earthquakes that have come this year alone, more than any other time in history, and how Jesus said in Matthew 24:7 there would be earthquakes "in diverse places" in the last days.
Then I read about the Israel "flotilla" thing and how those crazy palestinians were armed to the tooth as they headed toward Israel. Then I read about the whole North Korean attack on South Korean, the Iran "nuke" thing, and more, which brought to mind the words of Jesus in Luke 21:10, "Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom."
Then I read about a "one world flag" being put on the back of our driver's licenses instead of the American flag, and that set me thinking more about the New World Order. I used to call it the "coming New World Order," but I don't think I can call it that anymore. It's not coming, IT'S ALREADY HERE!
Knowing my Bible, the Bible clearly prophecies that after the rapture of the church, the anti-christ will reign over the whole earth for seven years before Jesus returns again at Armageddon, and defeats him.
It appears that everything is in place, and all is ready for Satan's rule in the tribulation. All that lacks is the rapture.
I believe it's coming soon. So why don't other Christians believe so as well? Why do they all seem to be setting the date way off in the future? Some say 2029, others 2033, others even 2037. Why can't they see how close it really is?
I remember in 1988, my best friend's Mom was reading a book entitled, "88 Reasons Why Jesus is Coming in '88."
Of course the author was wrong, but there was such a sense of urgency back then. I saw they sense of urgency increase in the early and even the late '90s. But after 2000, it seems like it has tapered off. Many Christians just don't think about the rapture anymore, or if they do, they want to think it's something their children will experience and not them themselves.
WAKE UP! THE END IS NEAR! THE RAPTURE IS SOON! JESUS IS COMING. ARE YOU READY?
I'm going to go read my Bible now. Hope you do the same! ; )

1 comment: